We are looking for a talented Branch Manager with insurance experience, to assign and direct all work performed in the Curaçao and Bonaire branches and to supervise these in their operations. You be responsible for the attainment of specific objectives in terms of sales, profitability, market share, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. In this senior management position, the Branch Manager & Territory Head is responsible for overall operations and will be actively involved in / serve as a back-up for operational issues as well. The selected candidate will be based in Curaçao and reports to the Managing Board.
- Ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness per established management standards and agreed upon objectives
- Develops high performing teams through recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, guiding, and mentoring company talent
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other key performance indicators to measure productivity, goal achievement and discern improvements
- Identifies opportunities for cost reduction and streamlining of business processes and implements improvement initiatives
- Ensures compliance with regulatory, contractual and internal procedures and policies to uphold and improve excellent quality practices
- Participates in corporate strategic initiatives
- Supervises the execution of corporate policies and procedures
- Assists in claims management
- Identifies and analyzes risks associated with policies
- Obtain and oversee company insurance or related funds
- Assists the Claim Manager with inquiries on claims
- Presides over claims investigations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial/insurance/banking industry
- 5 years’ experience in underwriting or claims
- 5 years or more of management experience in a similar role
- Insurance qualified
- Strong leadership, coaching and team motivation capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and diplomacy
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in sales and marketing is a plus
- Proficiency in English, Dutch & Papiamentu (oral and written)
Respond to this vacancy by adding your cv and motivation letter to your application.