Reporting directly to the Curacao Country Manager, the Director of Operations will be in charge of providing strategic leadership and management oversight on all day to day operational deliverables. This position is mainly responsible for the successful and profitable operations of multiple branches within an assigned region. He/she will work closely with the Country Manager and has great growth prospects when executed well.
Main responsibilities include:
- Implement Executive Management strategic objectives by developing tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Understand all operation goals and KPI’s and through the Branch Managers direct the activities of the operations in order to achieve business development goals established for the operational area.
- Management of multiple branch locations, centralized collections and operational support teams within the assigned countries.
- Ensure all operational areas (Branches, Centralized Collections and Operations Support) perform in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Carry out the collections and loss mitigation strategies in coordination with the Corporate Collections department.
- In collaboration with Corporate Human Resources, ensure proper staffing levels are always in place.
- Evaluate Branch Managers' recommendations for hiring, promotions, transfers and termination of personnel to ascertain the correct staffing and skill levels for all branches/departments.
- Conduct branch reviews consistently to ensure operational compliance at all stages of the loan origination, verification, underwriting, disbursement, collections and payment remittance processes.
- Control operations expenses and look for opportunities for process improvement.
- Exception underwriting authority, gain understating of credit risk pricing.
- Analyze the region's performance in order to maintain the division's goals. Identify areas of improvement, plan and implement corrective action necessary to improve areas or results in conjunction with senior management.
- Lead the implementation of business solutions, new product development strategies and new market due diligence throughout your assigned operations.
- Keep Executive Management informed of local developments and project updates ensuring factual and clear communications at all times.
- Manage client expectations, goals and service delivery obligations (5 Star Customer Service Program).
- Report and assist the Country Manager and SVP & Regional Director.