The Fuel Trader is responsible for the sales for fuel products on the international market. The Fuel Trader is also responsible for the development and day-to-day management of an international client portfolio, negotiations with new and existing customers and the development and management of a profitable new business. The Fuel Trader prepares and delivers regulars and accurate reporting of trading activities in line with personal and departmental targets and will be expected to travels both locally and internationally to represent the business taking into account the current travel limitations due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. The Fuel Trader reports to the Head International Market Services.
- Works closely with customers, traders and brokers to generate bunker and aviation sales in order to reach the desirable profit margins of the company
- Liaises and works in close collaboration with Finance & Corporate Services department and Operations department for the client delivery and after sales processes
- Optimizes profitability by presenting appropriate recommendations
- Develops new and nurtures existing relationships with bunker and aviation stakeholders to stimulate sales, improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Coordinates, tracks and reports on the status and performance of clients' portfolios
- Remains abreast of market developments, utilizing market intelligence, research and analysis to develop a market view which supports transactional activity and is readily shared with the organization
- Invests in relationship management with customers, brokers and traders to improve the competitive advantage
- Interacts effectively with internal department to ensure compliance of transactions according to the risk and credit policies, to accurately record trades and to ensure accurate accounting
- Is capable of communicating the key market factors impacting the portfolio and can coordinate execution within the context of broader strategies with the Head International Market Services
- Works closely with the Head International Market Services for price calculations and reporting.