The HSEQ Officer assesses, in a broad sense, the safety of the workplace in accordance with the regulations established by the organization and relevant regulations. It fosters the development of awareness to health, safety, the environment and product quality throughout the organization. The HSEQ Officer focuses primarily on prevention of accidents and is expected to be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. Thus, improving operational excellence. The HSEQ Officer reports to the Manager Strategy & Risk Management.
- Defines, develops & implements HSEQ Policies and procedures
- Assess that the organization adheres to its operating licenses
- Provides a sustained development of the organization to assure and institutionalized structure for compliance to Health, Safety, environmental and Quality laws and regulations for Curaçao and Bonaire
- Keeps abreast of local and relevant international legislation & regulations and operational standards
- Initiates and ensures that investigations of incidents, accidents, near misses & unsafe working conditions are conducted in a complete & timely manner
- Develops & implements an effective Emergency Response Plan
- Assess compliance with HSEQ requirements, legislation and regulations to mitigate incidents, accidents, near-misses that may affect personal injury, environmental damage &/or financial loss to site facilities
- Mitigates, advices and gives support on HSEQ issues.