This role requires an experienced professional with proven experience in tax law, international taxation, financial and accounting services, trust & fiduciary services and structuring. This would be an ideal role for a client-facing tax attorney/lawyer to undertake a leadership role within the business.
You will be growing the business from existing key intermediaries as well as developing new clients/intermediaries by developing and managing an effective marketing process to build a strong network of both Corporate and Private Clients.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drive team results by providing commercial leadership with respect to all marketing activities in order to achieve business development targets.
- Lead by example in achieving/exceeding business development/marketing targets consistently.
- Develop, expand and maintain multiple, solid relationships with clients and intermediaries (e.g. Law Firms, CPAs, Bankers, Family Offices etc.).
- Leverage and build relationships, thus developing new opportunities and leads with existing and/or new clients.
- Seek and recognize marketing opportunities and position compliant products and services in alignment with tax advisors’ solutions and client needs.
- Prepare client proposals in accordance with policies and guidelines to assure business growth.
- Organize & represent the company at seminars and other industry-related networking events.
- Collaborate with local and international colleagues with respect to all marketing activities in order to achieve business development targets.
- Ensure clients/entities are compliant with the local regulations and laws as per specific jurisdiction and services adhere to global statutory/regulatory guidelines.
- To monitor and ensure that office individual and team targets are met and the office targets as agreed at the beginning of the year are met.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Relevant Bachelors and/or Masters' Degrees with over 15 years’ solid exposure to International Tax; proven business development experience within the financial/legal services, fiduciary/trust industry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate teams.
- Excellent Corporate and International Tax Structuring experience in organizations with international presence (knowledge of and experience with the LATAM market is a great advantage), solid understanding of BEPS, CRS, FATCA, GAAR.
- Well-informed about current legal issues, regulations, tax and legal developments.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise, credibility and effective partnering with intermediaries, clients and colleagues to identify and evaluate opportunities and arrive at solutions.
- Excellent networking skills; with established network with intermediaries and clients in target markets (i.a. LATAM)
- Exhibit strong leadership, social & interpersonal skills; a positive can-do attitude, innovative, creative and solution-focused. Adaptable and able to work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish with any additional language being an added advantage. Must be willing to travel.