This position is for an energetic and self-motivated individual to join the team in Sint Maarten. This role will primarily focus to take responsibility for achieving the island revenue targets by implementing effective and optimal sales strategies, in order to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and agree monthly targets, ensure store sales targets are met and implement strategies as agreed to support retail sales growth
- Ensure stores are effectively managing their product levels by following company inventory and stock levels procedures
- Development and execution of sales strategies working with Marketing team
- Maintain staffing levels and quality to ensure excellent customer service (Includes assisting with recruiting, hiring and training employees)
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer initiatives and monitor what local competitors are doing
- Encourage a culture of coaching, professional development and self-improvement
- Ensure all stores are following merchandise guidelines set by suppliers and Category Managers
- Manage new store projects including planning and opening of new stores
- Control store expenses within budget guidelines
- University qualification in business management, marketing or similar
- At least 5 years of retail and/or sales management experience (including managing multiple stores with large teams) is a must
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business
- A resilient individual with excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills
- Customer service skills and Leadership skills. A proven ability to influence and lead a team
- The capacity to maintain high store standards
- Knowledge of stock take, stock rotation and placing orders.
- Results driven, innovative with good decision-making skills
- International business experience is a plus
- Further qualifications related to retail/business will be an advantage
- Willingness to relocate to Sint Maarten. Position is based in Sint Maarten.
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Performance Driven
- Open minded
- Passion for Customer service
Interested candidates should apply with their cv and cover letter!